I need your brilliance please!
So here we are in the midst of the Holiday Season. For businesses such as my Under the Piano Sound Spa, this is the land of opportunity. There is the potential to sell a lot of gift certificates. Yet every year, I experience having missed that opportunity. I sell a few, but not anything close to what I could.
I’m setting myself a big challenge. To sell 30 certificates. I’m at 4 for 30 right now. I don’t know how I am going to do this. I’m seeking your brilliant or even not so brilliant ideas. This is kind of like brainstorming with Social Media (hey – that’s a new idea for me. Maybe not brilliant but I’m giving it a try). The trick is to shake things up. Doing what I have done in the past is not going to cut it – past actions will likely just produce the same limited results all over again.
So, do share your ideas. This could be valuable for others as well as me. Imagine how wonderful it would be if a bunch of businesses had record profits during the holiday season from sharing a few ideas with Social Media. That would be so cool.
For me, I have some challenging parameters for this game to sell 26 or more certificates
- Very limited budget – I’m looking for things I can do or invite others to do that cost very little.
- Not a lot of time
What I have done in the past
- Attend more networking events and promote special offers for certificates.
- Send out newsletter to my email list
- Share on Social media
Those activities have produced only limited results in the past.
I have some new ideas which I am implementing or considering
- I won a retractable banner (3 ft wide by 7ft tall). I’ve posted a picture here (It will be printed by Tuesday, Dec 10. I’ll be putting that up a presentations and public performances, but there are only a couple opportunities for that).
- I’ve asked 4 past clients to give testimonials at networking meetings after I have given a presentation about my business. They have all said yes. That may have been responsible for 2 of my 4 sales to date although it’s hard to measure. I’ll ask for more of these even though I won’t be at all the meetings.
- Wear a badge that says “What is Under the Piano”. Under the Piano has the advantage of being truly unique so most people really have no idea what it is. Wear the badge everywhere 24/7 (well perhaps not in bed) and then get out in front of people. Visit places like Granville Island and South Granville where people go to find unique and higher quality gifts and see if people ask the question. Wear an unusual hat or piece of clothing to draw attention to yourself. Then tell them about it if they do ask. I’m good at inspiring people about Under the Piano if they are open to the idea.
- Ask past clients to wear a badge too. Give a commission for any certificates sales they cause by simply sharing about their own experience. They can give people my business card, phone number or website. Have them get the name of anyone who they chat with and send it to me so I can track referrals.
- A colleague just told me yesterday that a business that purchases 5 or more certificates to give to clients can write this off (or a portion of it) as an expense. Follow-up on that. How can I get that message out to businesses looking for amazing and unique gift ideas.
Do you have any ideas?